CLASSES 175 to 178 – PHOTOGRAPHY
CHAIRPERSON: Jessie Reevie firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMITTEE: Sarah Reevie
PRIZE MONEY: 1st = $5.00; 2nd = $4.00; 3rd = $3.00
The General Rules of the Sutton Agricultural Society shall apply.
- All photos must be 5”x 7” or 4” x 6” – other sizes will not be accepted.
- All photographs must be submitted on photographic paper
- Framed photos will not be accepted, borders are not mandatory. Photos will not be disqualified for either.
- Photos entered must be from 2018/2019 unless specified
- Open to anyone except individuals who derive more than 50% of their income from photography – we encourage all hobby photographers
- Photo(s) submitted are taken by the exhibitor only
- Same photo cannot be entered in two categories
- Maximum 2 photos per person per section.
- All categories in this contest not specifically marked “digitally enhanced” must be un-touched from the original shot taken. Digitally enhanced means anything done to the original image shot the regular way through a regular camera ( film or digital) (e.g., cropping, colour changes, red-eye removal, lightening or darkening, contrast changing, etc.). Yes, the judge can tell if you played with it, really !!!
- Look for texture, composition and uniqueness
- Use wide-angle / fish eye lens to experiment
- Work with depth of field; work with shutter speed; try “action” shots
- Lighting is important: light is to photography as paint is to canvas
- Please no pictures of pictures and internet photos.
CLASS 175: CHILDREN 6 YEARS & UNDER
- My pets
- My favourite day
- My perfect plants
CLASS 176: CHILDREN 7 TO 13 YEARS
- Beach days
- Summer days
- Things that make you smile
- Garden galoshes
CLASS 177: HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- #squadgoals #summer
- Black & White
- Beach trips
CLASS 178: ADULTS
- Life’s simple moments
- Action shot
- Old ways, New days
- Black & white
- Night Life
- Growing good things
- Silhouette photography