- All animals and articles entered for competition must be the bonafide property of the person entering them except where otherwise stated herein, and with the general exception that properly accredited agents may make entries and exhibits for their principals.
- With the exception of animals, all articles must have been grown by the exhibitor, produced or manufactured since the last exhibition, unless exception to this Rule and Regulation is permitted by the wording herein.
- All exhibitors must be prepared to produce Certification of Health for all animals entered for competition and have proof of liability insurance.
- The Exhibitor Fee shall be at the rate of $5.00 annually. Each holder of an Annual Exhibitor number shall be entitled to enter for competition as many animals and articles as he/she may wish, without having to pay additional fee, except Horse classes. There is no entry fee for Pre-School, Elementary, High School and Special Needs sections unless a student wishes to enter in an adult class. An exhibitor shall be entitled to a one-day pass to the Fair. Exhibits must be removed between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Society will not accept the responsibility of receiving and returning any exhibits to the Fair; and calling for them at its conclusion is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Prize monies will be forwarded by the Secretary as soon after the Annual Fair as possible. All individual prize winnings over $8.00 are subject to a 15% deduction. (In adult classes only)
- Exhibitors of horses who pre-entered before July 21st, 2018, will be mailed an exhibitors pass admitting the driver and vehicle. Each additional two horses will receive one pass to a maximum of four passes. Sheep and cattle receive one pass for every three animals. Only those with passes will be allowed free admission.
- Brood mare must have foal at side, or the exhibitor be prepared to submit satisfactory evidence of her having a foal within the current year.
- Committees will be in attendance on the grounds to supervise exhibitions. Any person refusing to comply with their directions will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Each exhibitor will be supplied with an entry tag for each article exhibited.
- No person shall be allowed to take more than one prize in any section of any of the Classes of Home, Crops and Crafts.
- No prize shall be awarded unless the Judge deems the article worthy. Committees are authorized to order the withdrawal of any exhibit which is not considered eligible.
- Any article being offered for competition as outlined in the Home, Crops and Craft section must be presented for registration at the Sutton Arena on the Wednesday prior to the Fair between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. The judging will take place on Thursday morning. Exhibitors must remove all of their entries between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Sunday. The Society will not be held responsible for any exhibits left after 6:00 p.m. The exhibitor’s claim tag must be produced in order to remove any exhibit.
- The Directors will not be responsible for goods lost, but will render every possible assistance towards their recovery, and will not be responsible for accidents to animals, persons, machinery or autos on the grounds, either as participants, exhibitors, competitors or spectators.
- In case of bad or unfavourable weather, or other reasons causing the receipts to fall short of paying expenses and all prizes in full, a proportionate amount will be deducted from the prizes to enable the Directors to balance the accounts without a loss. This rule will not be enforced unless absolutely necessary.
- The Society reserves the right and power, without previous notice, to alter, suspend either temporarily or permanently or to delete, entirely all or any of the foregoing Rules and Regulations, when in the unanimous opinion of the Society Executive, such alteration, suspensions or deletions may be considered for the benefit of exhibitors of the Society itself.
- Any exhibitor or attendant who is guilty of creating a disturbance whether by openly criticizing the Judge or using obscene language to any Judge or Officer shall therefore forfeit the right to any premium and may be suspended by the Society from exhibiting.
- All prizemoney not claimed within 60 days of the fair closing, will be deemed as a donation to the Fair.
- All exhibits shall be under the control and direction of the Society but solely at the risk of the exhibitor. The Society will not be responsible for damage, injury, loss or theft of any articles or livestock regardless of the cause of such damage, injury or theft. Each exhibitor will be solely responsible for any article exhibited by him/her and shall indemnify the Society against all legal or other proceedings in regard thereto.
- We reserve the right to exchange prize money for donations received.
- The above rules govern all exhibits and exhibitors.
***NOTE TO EXHIBITORS:
Please call the committee chairperson with questions about exhibits. General fair questions, call the fair office at (905) 722-3165. All prize money will be paid as soon after the fair as possible. See rule #6.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO SUTTON FAIR OFFICE, P.O. BOX 460, SUTTON WEST, ONTARIO L0E 1R0.
PRE-SCHOOL and ELEMENTARY RULES and REGULATIONS
The General Rules and Regulations apply as well as:
- NEATNESS and PRESENTATION are considered by the judges.
- All work must be done between August 2017 and August 2018.
- If there are more than ten (10) entries in a SECTION, the judge may split the Section and award additional prizes.
- Please remember to enter only one entry per SECTION. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- ***NOTE: EACH CHILD MUST ENTER THE SECTION FOR THE GRADE ATTENDED IN JUNE OF 2018.