Fri, August 9, 2019, 7PM – 10PM – DEMO X racing
Limited to the first 30 entries.
Start time 7:30PM
Sign in and tech opens at 5:30PM
- Demo cross racing heats and feature- RULE CHANGES FOR 2019 https://sites.google.com/view/impact-motorsports18/rules/demo-x
- Special heat for youth class. MUST have their guardian riding passenger. This is a one and done heat.
- Cars maybe re entered into the regular racing.
- Opens to drivers 14-15-16 years of age.
- Need 4 entries to run this class.
- 100% payback.
- One and done format.
- Special “one and done heat” open to AWD cars/SUV and 4WD trucks.
- Must be stock vehicles.
- Limited to 8
- 100% payback
- Entry fee $60.
- Racing will consist of qualifying heats.
- Also, an A, B feature will run.
- Cars not qualifying for features can run the free for all round at the end of the night.
- Regular racing is open to passengers.
- Fee for a passenger is $10
- Open to cars, trucks and vans.
IMPACT DEMO CROSS
RULES AND REGULATIONS –DEMO CROSS- 2019
NO CHANGES OR ALTERATIONS OF RULES TO BE MADE EXCEPT BY IMPACT MOTORSPORTS
IMPORTANT: Each driver and mechanic must sign in at registration desk the day of show and have their cars inspected solely to determine compliance with those rules and not for purpose of
determining safety of car or participant NO REFUNDS!
DRIVER MUST ATTEND DRIVERS’ MEETING PRIOR TO DEMOLITION DERBY OR DRIVER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
I have read the rules and acknowledge to have received a copy of same and agree that the decision of the Judges is final. I agree to participate at my own risk absolutely. It is a condition of my
participation in the contest that I sign a further release of liability in the form to be supplied by Impact Motorsports and I agree to sign such a release.
SPECIAL NOTICE: NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ALLOWED IN ANY RESTRICTED (PIT, HOLDING OR PERFORMING) AREA.
ANY VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CAR, DRIVER AND CREW. NO REFUNDS!!!
The Impact Motorsports Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction.
DRIVERS and MECHANICS are subject to and must obey the following rules and regulations which are set up by the promoter and the track where this event is being held:
- Each driver must be a minimum age of 16. All 16 & 17 year olds must have a parent or guardians sign an insurance waiver. Guardian must provide photo ID.
- The original registered driver must drive that vehicle for the entire event. No substituting drivers.
- Impact Motorsports or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries, drivers or pit persons.
- Only drivers and mechanics who sign the release sheet will be permitted in the pit area or on the track. Driver and one (1) pit person receive free pit passes upon registration of car on day of show. All drivers and pit person must wear supplied pit passes.
- Impact Motorsports, the promoter, track owner or fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during and after the show.
- Each competitor to carry their liability insurance. Impact Motorsports policy does not cover participants.
- Drivers and mechanics should report to the Impact Motorsports sign in area minimum of an hour before the scheduled start time.
- IMPACT MOTORSPORTS reserves the right to ask all pit persons for photo ID. All drivers and mechanics are in the pit area at their own risk.
- Any 4-6-8 cylinder hardtop automobile or station wagons. Any style of van, pick-up truck or suburban. Maximum of 1/2 ton. Any year of cars permitted. Demolition derby cars may be used. 4X4 trucks must have all 4X4 parts removed. NO all wheel drives or off road racing cars or trucks. “Stock” like vehicles or demolition derby cars built to the IMPACT rules permitted only.
- Cars previously run in demos may be considered too battered and unsafe, resulting in disqualification. This is a race not a demo derby.
- If there is in any question regarding the participant’s vehicle it is the driver’s responsibility to prove make, model, year, engine etc.
Risk: Demolition derbies are hazardous and high-risk sports; therefore, anyone with a health condition, i.e., concussion, heart problems etc. or who is pregnant should not compete.
Protect yourself. Work Boots, sport equipment – e.g. neck brace, knee pads, shoulder pads, hip pads etc. are recommended.
No bare exposed skin. All drivers MUST wear long pants/coveralls or long sleeved shirts. No exceptions.
Working seat belt and racing helmet are mandatory. Helmets MUST have chin straps. Goggles or face shields are recommended.
BRAKES – VEHICLES MUST HAVE DEPENDABLE BRAKES AND MUST BE WORKING PROPERLY BEFORE ENTERING PEN AT ALL TIMES. All boundaries must be observed.
NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON TRACK, EMERGENCY VEHICLE AREA OR IN THE PIT AREA. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs allowed in the pit area. This will be strictly enforced.
Careless driving in the pit area could result in disqualification.
All cars are to be removed from the fairgrounds or racetrack immediately following the show.
Additional safety regulations may be imposed, depending on track and conditions.
Any protests must be made within 5 minutes of the last feature heat by another feature driver. Protest fee’s are $100 and are non refundable.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS!!
If you think there is a grey area in these rules contact our office and we will put them in black and white for you. NO REFUNDS
PREPARATION OF CAR MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT FAIRGROUNDS OR TRACK. DEMO CROSS-OPEN TO CARS-VANS & TRUCKS- MAX ½ TON
1. RIDING ON CAR
Insurance Regulation: No person riding on outside of cars at anytime. All drivers and pit person MUST sign in when arriving at the event.
|Please remove sun visors|
3. TRAILER HITCH
|Must be removed and all sharp edges must be mashed down prior to derby event. Pickup truck MUST have rear mud flaps min 8” long.|
|All windows, mirrors, lights, airbags & trim, must be removed prior to derby event. Windshield may be left in place to protect driver.|
5. DOORS & NUMBERS
|An optional roof number plate may be securely installed. No all white vehicles.|
6. FIRE EXTINGUISHER
|Must be within reach of the driver, must work and have a working gauge.|
|One 12 volt car battery may be moved to front passenger floor board and securely fastened in a box/container clear of all fuel sources. Following inspection it must be covered with a non-flammable shield OR left in stock position under the hood and covered with a rubber mat.|
8. GAS TANK
|Stock gas tanks may be removed. Must be a steel marine tank, custom steel fuel tank, plastic tank or certified racing fuel cell. All tanks must be securely fastened down (bolted) in the middle of the back seat area. Tank must be covered with a non-flammable material after inspection. Maximum 3 gallons gas OR stock tank can be left in stock position it not rusty. Referee has final decision.|
9. FUEL LINES
|All fuel lines must have leak proof fitting with steel or rubber lines (no clear lines). No exceptions.|
10. FUEL SYSTEM
|Electric fuel pump must be isolated with a non-flammable material covering lines, tank & pump. Non-flammable covering may be fire resistant blanket or air bag material.|
|A 16” opening must be cut in hood over the center of the engine. Hoods must be held down in a minimum of 2 places with seat belts, chain, wire, bolts or weld. No over use of materials.|
|Trunk, rear hatch or tailgate SHOULD be held down in a minimum of 2 places with seat belts, chain, wire, bolts or weld. No over use of materials.- OPTIONAL|
13. BODY PANELS
|Metal may be cut from around wheels for clearance. Front & rear quarter panels may be bolted with up to 5 bolts per panel – maximum 3/8” bolts.|
14. DOOR FASTENING
|Driver’s door may be welded solid. All other doors must be fastened shut with wire, straps, chain, welds or bolts. No over use of materials. Solid driver’s door window screens are not allowed. Mandatory that the driver’s door be fastened closed in minimum of 4 places.|
|Outside of car may have a 12” X 72” X ¼” max steel plate applied to driver & passenger doors, bolted in 4 locations (with a maximum ½” through bolt) & spot welded 1” every 12”. Bevel should not exceed 20°. NO “C” CHANNEL OR ANGLE IRON. Not mandatory.|
16. ROLL BAR
|Single roll bar up each doorframe, inside or across outside of the roof. Roll bars going across the roof must be through bolted twice through the roof for driver & spectator safety. This roll bar may be welded or bolted to the frame or rockers. An additional bar may be added behind the seat welded or bolted from roll bar to roll bar. Recommend 3″ to 4″ square tubing or pipe. No excessive use of materials. Not mandatory. Extra bars inside the car may be used for drivers safety. Not Mandatory.|
|Windshield area may have a safety cage or bars running from the cowl to the roof. Windshields maybe left in place. If windshield is removed a bar must be put in place in the driver’s windshield area for driver’s safety.|
18. DASH BAR
|Min 3” to Max 4” square tubing mounted doorframe to doorframe, but not to firewall. Not Mandatory. Driver Safety.|
|No welding of any inside body support seams or firewall seams. All holes in firewall must be covered with a non- flammable material. Large holes in car floors must be repaired with same gauge metal and securely fastened. No reinforcement.|
|Bumper shocks may be reinforced with flat bar or tubing to help keep bumpers on. Excessive use of material will be asked to be removed. No loading of bumpers. Officials may request a hole be made in bumper for inspection. Bumper layers may be welded together. No metal added. Bumper styles maybe swapped. OEM bumpers to be used only. No homemade bumpers. Years or styles of bumpers do not matter. No battering rams permitted. No Reinforcement.|
21. FRONT GRILL
|Stock A.C. condensers permitted in original position. Screens allowed|
|Must be flushed of anti-freeze and replaced with water only. Overflows must point straight down or positioned so not to harm other drivers & spectators. Floating rad cradles with maximum 1/8” gauge steel angle or flat bar will be allowed – Absolutely no reinforcement to frame or rad cradle. Must be mounted in front of engine.|
|Is permitted and must be secured in engine compartment. Transmission dipstick must be securely fastened, wired down or have an overflow tube pointing straight down away from drivers or spectators. OR May be re-located to directly behind driver seat, bolted to the back bar and completely covered to the floor with a tin shroud. A minimum of two 1” holes must be made in the floorboard directly below cooler for drainage. Hoses must run straight down under driver seat and be completely covered with non-flammable material. Hose spec: 2500psi single braid hydraulic hose with pressed fittings only, must be rated for 250°F+.
Hydraulic hoses must be marked as such by manufacturer. Hydraulic hoses must have pressed fittings only. No other fittings acceptable OR remain stock.
|May be protected. Fresh cars must have 1” away from the firewall. Excessive material will be asked to be removed.|
|25. SUSPENSION||Suspension must remain stock (movement must occur). Broken or sagging parts may be replaced. It is recommended that rear coil be wired or welded to differential. No spring blocks or added helpers. Rear ends can be exchanged Gears may be welded. Steering columns, drive shafts and rear sway arms may be altered but not reinforced. Ball joints, tie rods, control arms and steering linkage must remain stock. NO REINFORCING ALLOWED. No truck rear ends in cars. No off road suspension permitted. Stock like suspensions.|
|Must be secure, must point upwards and not at other drivers/spectators. Must be a reasonable length or will be asked to be cut or removed. Official’s discretion.|
|No welding of frame seams top or bottom. Rusty or bent frames may be repaired with steel no thicker than factory and no longer or wider than 4” on 2 sides only. Over repaired frames will be considered reinforced and will result in alteration or disqualification. Official’s discretion. No painting of frames except for the following. Frame repairs must be painted bright orange before arriving for derby event. All repairs to frames must be reported to officials before inspection – over-repaired frames will be asked to be cut – if not – may result in disqualification.|
|Protectors may only be fastened to motor or transmission (NO FASTENING TO FRAME OR BODY).|
30. MOTOR MOUNTS
|Stock mounts may be welded or chained. Home-made mounts are acceptable. Any excessive or added mounts will result in disqualification.|
|Maximum 16” D.O.T. Tires must be low aggression. All tires must be filled with air only. Tires may be doubled. No split rims. No screwing tires to rim or studding. All wheel weights must be removed and no welding stem protections. Carry spare 16” D.O.T. mud tires in case track conditions warrant. Referee’s discretion. NO OVER AGGRESSIVE TIRES on drive wheels. No triple side walls on drive wheels. Tire tread over 1/4 “ deep might be rejected.|
“Official’s Decision is Final”
Sat, August 10, 2019, 7PM – 10PM – Sutton Fair Demolition Derby
Demolition Derby & Figure 8 Racing
Start time 7PM
Tech and sign in open at 4PM
- Figure 8 racing- Entry fee $60- Heats- Winner only to the feature. *** Limited to 16 entries***** NO CONSI
- Pro Trucks truck- Entry fee $60- One and Done
- STOCK mini smash- Entry fee $70- $2000 to win based on 25 entries. Heats and feature
- FSSS $60 entry-One and done
Entry Forms may be picked up at Gary’s Service & Towing in Keswick.
Business Hours are 8am-6pm Monday through Friday.
We are closed weekend. The week off Fair I hand in entries on Wed night. So after that registration is on the day of event if there are any left.
Phone number for business 905-476-4611